Come decked out in your cosplay and have fun! All welcome!
• All Cosplay entries MUST have a ticket to the event in order to participate.
• ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST PRE-REGISTER IN ADVANCE TO PARTICIPATE. No walk-up registrations will be allowed.
• Registration opens February 24 - April 20, 2018.
• All cosplayers must conform to the cosplay general rules. All fandoms are welcome to participate in contest. Gaming, film, comic books, furry, etc.
• Cosplayers cannot compete in multiple categories in the same night.
• All cosplayers must utilize the stage during competition.
• No jumping off the stage.
• No projectiles allowed, including glitter, confetti, rose petals, etc.
• Any skit performed must stay under 2 minutes on the stage.
• Cosplayers will stay on stage to answer judges' questions about their costumes until dismissed.
Handcrafted Cosplay Contest (7:30 pm, Saturday, April 28, 2018):
Rules: 75% of costume must be original handcrafted. No costume that was commissioned will be allowed in this category. Costumes may have store bought elements in them, but the items must have been modified/customized. Small store bought items are ok (socks, shoes, etc) as long as it doesn't make up more than 25% of your costume. However, the character's signature item they are most known for must be handcrafted. (Ex. Thor is known for his hammer - must be handcrafted; Wonder Woman's shield, Loki's helmet, etc). This category will have a cosplay outfit inspection element to it - stop by Original Comics and Collectibles' booth to learn more.
• Junior (14 and younger)
• Group (2-4 participants)
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
• First Place
• Second Place
• Third Place
Judging will be based on:
Originality: The time put into creating a costume that is original
Resemblance: How much the costume resembles the character being portrayed
Craftsmanship: The effort put into making a costume (detail, durability, attention to original costume detail)
NOTE: Please arrive early to have your cosplay outfit inspected by the judges for craftsmanship. Stop by Original Comics & Collectibles' booth for more information on Saturday.
Registration: Click here to register your cosplay
All entries forms will require the competitor's name(s), name of character(s), and series the character is from (example: John Smith, Batman from 1970s The Batman tv series; Steven Smith, Mario, Super Mario Bros Nintendo 64.) This is important as your registration will be paired with an image of the character being portrayed for judging reference. Upon registration, you will be assigned a competition number. When you check in at iMagicon, you will be given your number for competition. Your number will be called and you will take the stage.
Cosplay of all Fandoms are welcome at iMagicon and is encourage throughout the event! A few rules of cosplay:
• No nudity. No clothes is no clothes.
• Shoes are required at all times. Even if a cosplay character goes barefoot, the cosplayer must wear shoes.
•All costumes worn within the convention center must fit through a standard doorway (36 inches). Any attendee wearing a bulky costume, or one with poor visibility, should have a handler available to escort him/her. For cosplay contest: costumes that have low visibility or are a bit bulky may have a handler help them in individual and group competition. Note: no assembly of costume is allowed on stage during the cosplay contest. This will be automatic disqualification.
• All prop weapons must conform to iMagicon policy, which is as follows: All weapons must be inspected by a member of our security staff and tagged prior to entry. If you have a weapon that does not pass inspection, you will not be allowed in the show. No real weaponry (live firearms, sharp blades, etc) are allowed at iMagicon. All weapons must be non-working and peace bounded. No functioning projectile weapons - including water pistols, silly-string guns, or nerf guns. Bladed weapons must be affixed in their sheaths so that they cannot be removed. No clowning around in the commons area. Any weapon used in an offensive manner will be confiscated. Anyone who violates this rule may be asked to leave the convention area. Please use good judgement.
•No costume may be realistic depictions of American Law Enforcement or current American Military uniforms, or have the words POLICE, POLICIA, SWAT, FBI, DEA, CIA or any other official Government Agency name or initials on them.
• No touching of the cosplayer's costumes. Many people spend a lot of time, effort and money into their cosplay. Be respectful.
• No throwing items of any kind including glitter, confetti, rose petals, snap firecrackers, etc